Monday, December 29, 2014

022 Resolve or not?


Resolve or not?

The expert opinion is that New Year's resolutions are a bad idea--that making resolutions sets you up for disappointment.

I think, however, that a fresh start has appeal.

There is also advice if you are going to make resolutions. Men are more likely to be successful if they set up intermediate goals for each resolution and then keep a checklist of goals.  Women, on the other hand, fare better if they share their plans with their friends.




Neither approach has much appeal.  A checklist is an ugly reminder of the unaccomplished.   (Yeah, isn't that the idea?)  Or, I can imagine my friends closely monitoring my progress on the resolutions I share.  But I guess I am sharing my resolutions after all.  Promise, no gossiping about my progress!




I made many resolutions upon retirement.  Some I have achieved and others get a place on the New Year's resolution lists.

I say lists because I have two categories of New Year Resolutions:

I Can Do This!

Lose weight; eat healthy.
Learn something new--does watching the 
Smithsonian & National Geographic channels count?
     same one every year but I am doing okay . . .
Walk & exercise more.
     as soon as I figure out my Fitbit--stay tuned!
Organize something.
     the key to good resolutions is to make them so broad that you have to attain them!
Read more books.
     I am a librarian!
Make the world a better place.
     well, I do recycle, volunteer, & contribute to worthy causes . . .




Express love and appreciation more often.

     By the way, thanks to all you blog readers! 
[Can I check this one off?]

                                                      

Hah, Hah! [List 2]

Shop less, exercise more.
Isn't shopping Exercise?

Clean more often.
Clean out closets.
Clean out garage.
Weed even when the weather is hot.
Paint the interior trim.
Probably Calvin says it best.



Trish        


  



4 comments:

  1. Yeah...what Calvin said!! Happy New Year! Just live it as it comes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give me a couple weeks and I will on board with Calvin! Trish

      Delete
  2. Very good. Sounds familiar. Still trying to figure out my Fitbit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have figured out mine. According to it, I can eat nothing if I want to lose weight! Trish

      Delete