Sunday, January 13, 2019

186 Woman at a Man's Show

Manning (being the booth person)at Civil War Relic Shows

I am trying not to be sexist, but Civil War relic shows are mostly the province of males. Sure there are women there--usually staying at the booth while the guys walk the aisles and wheel and deal.

So there are good things about being at the show and some not-so-great things:



Good Things
A good thing!?

  • I get to wear this really neat T-shirt and hat!
  • There is never a line in the ladies' room--unlike library conventions!
  • The shows are away from home so I get to eat out every meal!
  • You get to know the dealers after a few shows. Most are nice & friendly.
  • I usually start and finish an entire book.
  • I have material for this blog!


  • I make and sell stick pins and bookmarks as a fundraiser for the Shenandoah Valley Civil War Museum in Winchester.
  • Tootsie is also at the show, usually hiding under the table.


Bad Things
Ouch!
  • If Trish is there, Harry can roam so I sit, and sit, and sit.
  • The show runs Friday night and all day Saturday and Sunday.
  • One-half day left, and I didn't bring a second book!
  • Endless shopping opportunities and nothing I want to buy!



  • I sold more stick pins and bookmarks than Harry sold relics at the Charleston, SC show. He did buy much inventory, which is why he goes so I guess that is a good thing?
So Harry always tells me how great it is to have Tootsie and me at the show! It is mostly fun except for my aching back!

Trish                   


No comments:

Post a Comment