Sunday, July 14, 2019

212 Hot & Grumply


HOT and GRUMPY

I woke up feeling hot and grumpy.

Oh, I wish I could write like Dr. Seuss. It might go something like this:








Hate is a word you should not say 









But I will say it anyway 

I hate summer

I hate heat

I hate sandy, dirty feet

I hate the pool

I hate the beach 

I hate bugs

I hate hugs

It’s too hot

To even speak



I do not want to be so mean

But I hate everything growing green

I do not want to pull a weed

Let it all just go to seed

I hate to have to mow the grass


It is all a pain – I speak with sass

Go away and let me be

I do not even want to chat

I hate to feel so fat

It’s the humidity - the nasty rat





I hate to eat outside

I hate that salad - looks like it died

I hate to grill

I have had my fill!



It’s my plight

It’s my fight

I hate July

I hate August

Leave me alone

We’ll talk in autumn

When the weather is as it ought’m!



With much love and sincere apologies to dearly beloved Dr. Seuss.

And, of course, a “shout out” to my beloved Google! 

Stay COOL, Glenne

No comments:

Post a Comment