Sunday, June 18, 2017

150 Summer fun, not!

Summer Fun Is an Oxymoron 

(for those of us who hate the heat!)


Okay, Dear Readers, SUMMER is not even officially here – not until Wednesday, June 21.






                      I didn’t like summer as a child. 
                      I like it even less now. 
                      This picture says it all.



I sound a bit like a Dr. Seuss character:

I do not like sand; I do not like bugs; I do not like sweat; I want no hugs!

Today it is 87ยบ with 77% humidity. I don’t really feel like thinking about a blog. I believe my brain has shut down. Nothing clever. Nothing creative. Not even anything prosaic. I got nothing! Oh, yes, I do have my folder AND some cute cartoons my spouse reminds me. If you are a fall or winter person, too, I hope you will get a chuckle from my effort.

From the folder here are some oxymorons (contradictory terms) that I have gathered. And you may remember I really like lists, especially with a cartoon or some visual attached – so you end up with a new Listicle!

[Side note: Listicle is now an accepted word in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary!! Ta Da!]

1. 

2. Living dead – isn’t this a movie or TV title?

3. Now then – don’t we all use this one?


4. 


5. Sweet Tart – candy!

6. Taped live – oh, yeah, sure!

7. Rolling stop – sorry, officer!

8. Original copies

9. 

10. Exact estimate – what you get from your contractor?

11. Jumbo shrimp

12. Small crowd – as in “three’s a crowd?”

13. Least favorite

14. 
15. Passive aggressive

16. Unbiased opinion

17. or Samuel Goldwyn – didn’t know he was so clever!
18. Not quite an oxymoron, but how could this list be complete without a Yogi Berra-ism?
19. Clearly confused!

20. Genuine imitation - think Louis Vuitton knockoffs or

21.

22. 

Thanks for bearing with me this week. And, on a final note, our ice cream has “freezer burn.”

Stay cool. Glenne                    



No comments:

Post a Comment