Sunday, January 21, 2018

135 Value of naps & update


The Value of Naps & Update on Readers

I was feeling a little guilty for regularly enjoying an afternoon nap. Although it isn't my fault--Tootsie, my Jack Russell pup, directs me to the chair most days right after lunch.


I start out reading a book or scrolling through my tablet, but before long we are both snoozing.

No guilt trip necessary--research says that naptime is good. Not only that but after lunch is best!

For most people a regular nap will increase alertness and may prevent heart attacks. Individuals who have trouble sleeping at night probably should avoid naps.



I don't follow all the napping advice. I don't sleep in a dark room or set an alarm. Naps should be under 30 minutes so the napper does not enter into deep sleep. If you feel very groggy upon waking from a nap, it probably means you have interrupted deep sleep. The best way to overcome the grogginess is to walk in the sunlight. Guess that won't work for rainy-day naps, which to me tend to extend too long.



A rubber duckie reader!

An update on reading figures

As you know, I collect statues of readers. My sister sent me two cute readers for Christmas:
 Then I found four readers when visiting some resale shops. And I did not buy a single one!

I am, however, keeping a virtual collection:

As I type, someone is snuggling beside me. Please excuse me for about 20 minutes.

Trishzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz              



No comments:

Post a Comment