Sunday, October 21, 2018

174 Cloud illusions


I was a passenger on a recent long road trip where the sky was starkly blue and filled with clusters of cumulous clouds. Of course, the first thing I thought of was "I've looked at castles everywhere--from up and down [In my case--left and right]--and still somehow, it's cloud's illusions I recall. I really don't know clouds at all."

Well, Joni Mitchell, what is wrong with illusions? I can go much further than "Rows and flows of angel hair and feather canyons everywhere." How about a very muscular giant with a bulbous nose that morphs into a poodle? (The giant, not the nose) Or a covey of gossiping cupids that become a sea turtle? The possibilities are endless and fun!



I also saw Poseidon and Pegasus. Think about a world where the clouds and the stars (along with the rest of the natural world) were the only entertainment. No wonder we have such a rich mythology from every civilization. I imagine the Greeks witnessed many battles over Mt. Olympus.

A number of years ago we took a trip with a restive 5-year old. I wasn't having much luck keeping him happy with stories or jokes, but then I pointed to the Blue Ridge Mountains in front of us and said that some folks thought they were sleeping giants.
Eventually, my husband got tired of the lad's endless descriptions of the body parts of giants, but isn't imagination a wonderful thing?

I saw the photo on the left in Facebook with the caption, "Proof that all dogs go to heaven."  Perhaps if I spend less time communing with flickering screens and more time enjoying the left and right and up and downs of nature, I'll find Tootsie in the sky . . . with diamonds!                                      Trish         






No comments:

Post a Comment