Sunday, February 24, 2019

192 Cleaning peeves


Cleaning Peeves

I have had a few blog postings about pet peeves--such things as earwigs and tissues in the dryer. Cleaning tops my list of irritants that creep into the petty pace of life and greatly annoy me.

As soon as I finish cleaning, the sun shines a certain way and I can see dust on the furniture, litter on the floor, and streaks on the mirrors and windows. Time to put the shade down!

Now I am engaging in annual cleaning--a thorough top-to-bottom job. Yuck!
It reminds me of all the tasks I hate.
















  • Chasing Dust Bunnies. I thought they were so named because they resemble bunnies. But NO! The Secret is Out! They reproduce like rabbits! While you sleep, they are having orgies under the bed!
  • Dust Rattan Furniture. Why did I buy this stuff? I can never tell if it is completely cleaned. 
  • Cleaning Ceiling Fans. I don't like working from a ladder. So I especially hate the fans up on the vaulted ceiling. Two minutes--sure!

  • Cleaning behind the toilet.
I regularly clean toilets but avoid the contortions needed to reach behind them. Then, Ugh!
  • Cleaning shower doors. I wipe down my shower and its door after each use so cleaning it is a breeze. Hubbie, however, cannot be convinced to do the same for his shower or to worry about how it looks.


What works on soap scum? I've tried it all with so-so results.

Tootsie, my Jack Russell, also seems to hate cleaning! She begs me to sit down in "our chair" so she can climb on my lap and stop stressing out. Maybe I'll grab my book and help poor little Tootsie!

Not Cleaning-Savvy Trish








No comments:

Post a Comment