Sunday, January 5, 2020

236 Diversions from football watching

Diversions from Football Watching

Football games galore--from Christmas to New Years--football games abound. And the pro play-offs and ACC league basketball are yet to come!

I have many schemes to keep hubby company and to sort of watch the games:


1. Write this blog!

2. Dust--although not a good idea to do directly in front of the screen!

Please throw
my toy, NOW!


3. Sort Laundry.

4. Pay bills online.

5. Play with Tootsie. Actually, any time Tootsie has the two of us as a captive audience (for her, not the TV), she expects playing.

6. Edit documents.

7. Read Facebook postings. Hubby is not usually interested in looking at cute dog videos, "Aren't you watching the game?"  [in my own way]

8. Load or unload the dishwasher.


9. Play solitaire. If I actually want to pay attention to a game, any version of solitaire will work. Sudoku, particularly if I play against the clock, takes me away from the game completely.
 


10. Watch a second game on my tablet. While we both watched Va Tech play basketball on the big screen, I watched Florida State on the handheld. Both teams won.
When a game, usually basketball, gets very tight at the end,(In fact, my philosophy on basketball is not to pay much attention to most of the game because the score can change so quickly.) I cannot stand the tension. I pull out the broom and sweep nearby, peaking around the corner to see if the Hokies can save the day.

As I have explained to Harry dozens of times, I never miss anything because all the important stuff is on instant replay!

Sport Savvy Trish           


 








No comments:

Post a Comment