Sunday, March 15, 2020

245 Rube Goldberg housekeeping

 Rube Goldberg housekeeping or Trish robotizes everything!

I am a great fan of Rube Goldberg and his fantastic creations. So . . .

My husband was delighted on Christmas Day to discover he had given me a Rumba robot vacuum cleaner. (It happens every year--he is happy for me to purchase my own gift. Ain't guilt great?)


I have been enjoying using it ever since. Tootsie, the hyper Jack Russell, stares at it for a few minutes and then leaves the room! She was my one concern.

The Roomba is not perfect in picking up everything but my floors are cleaner than ever before!

BUT I WANT MORE!



Can you imagine a hovering bot that dusts? It would have to have a very delicate touch. In fact, when I first thought about it, I thought a robo-duster going amuck would make a great insurance commercial!


There is already a robot that washes floors--maybe next Christmas!

But there are many more household tasks I hate. How about a drone bathroom cleaner?
And the toilet paper dispenser would have a sensor that would alert a drone to replace the roll! One might as well operate the plunger too!

Don't you think a drone could be trained to load and unload the dishwasher? And add soap and start it, of course!
And changing lightbulbs. Especially those really high ones!
I could probably come up with quite a few more, but you get the idea. I think I might also need an air traffic controller robot to manage a house full of busy drones.

Perhaps I should just develop a human-sized robot butler who could do all the household chores. And cook too!

Savvy Rube Trish             



No comments:

Post a Comment